- October 17: Annual end-of-the-seasons Trophy/Pizza Party, Bridge Room, Lutheran Church of Hope, West Des Moines, noon – 2 PM. We ordered 96 pizzas for the 540 attendees. All got their trophies and got to see themselves on the big screen!
- October 3: Watch for street closures (8:30 – 11:00 am) due to annual Race for the Cure.
Walnut Street from East 13th Street to East 6th Street
Locust Street from East 6th Street to East 7th Street
East 6th Street from Grand Avenue to ML King Jr Parkway
East 7th Street/Penn Ave from ML King Jr Pkwy to Grand Ave
ML King Jr Parkway from SW 2nd Street to SE 9th StreetAlso we anticipate increased traffic due to the ALS Walk which begins and ends across the street at Principal Park.
- Special thanks to the KONA ICE VAN, September 5 and 26. As a result of your KONA ICE purchases, we received a $150 contribution. Thank you, KONA ICE lovers!
- Sunday, September 27, was Kiwanis Miracle League Day across the street at Principal Park when the national Wounded Warriors team played in a weekend of tournaments. KML players got to experience the actual I Cubs field. What a special treat. Players wore their KML uniforms and had a great time.
- NEWS ALERT: Due to the heat forecast, we cancelled our 1, 2, and 3 PM games on September 5. If your player was scheduled to play in the afternoon, we encouraged attendance at the morning games. Some brought umbrellas for shade! It was a hot one.
- September 5 was the first of two KONA ICE VAN days. 25% of all revenue for the day will go the Kiwanis Miracle League.
- Our 2015 Fall Season is up and running! We started on August 29. Be sure to get your player registered via our web site. And we had FREE POPSICLES FOR ALL PLAYERS and SPECTATORS!