1. October 18 was our year-end trophy/pizza party. Our new 2014 game day video is great, featuring many players from most, if not all, of our teams. We had over 400 attendees who loved the Hy-Vee pizzas, drinks, and cookies. And, of course, the individualized tropies were really special. THANKS to USSSA/Central Iowa Sports for again providing the trophies.
2. October 11: Weather was clear, but chilly. Great crowds and buddies for our final day of games in the 2014 Fall Season. Coffee and hot cocoawill were big sellers! Hope to see ALL at the year-end trophy/pizza party.
3. October 4: Two LARGE charity walks–RACE FOR THE CURE which began at the state capitol and the ZOMBIE WALK which began at Principal Park made getting to the KML ball park a bit challenging. There were lots of street closures!
4. September 27: So much for the weather forecasters! Rain early in the morning. Darn. But it cleared, to be a beautiful morning. We delayed the 9 AM game and combined it with the 10 AM game. And we had a great group of buddies–the Ne-Ia District Key Club rally brought 35 high school Key Club members from around the state to Des Moines. After a couple games, they were off to their meetings, but several returned to buddy for the 3 PM game. We were also visited by National American Miss Iowa Jr. Teen, Katie Van Sloan from Waukee. She loved being our catcher for the afternoon. A fun time…
5. September 20 was an “iffy” day weather-wise. Didn’t get to play the 9 AM game due to trying to get the field dry. (It takes about an hour). But we were set to go for 10 AM and beyond! If you were scheduled to play at 9, players came to the ball park when they could and we got them on a team. LOTS of sunshine in the afternoon. Short on buddies for the late afternoon games.
6 September 13 was KONA ICE VAN DAY! We again welcomed the Kona Ice lady to our ball park! Players can exchange their drink ticket for a free KONA ICE cup. YUM, YUM! And the mascot Molly from the Iowa Wild was a big hit too!
7. September 6 was DAIRY QUEEN DAY at the ball park. Thanks to area DQ stores for supplying us with Dilly Bars and ice cream cups for all of our players!
8. And, here’s something new! The Iowa Barnstormers asked us to be their special guests at their last home game on July 26. Free tickets were available to all KML players! $10@ for parents, families, and friends. Seats in special reserved section. Players wore their KML team uniforms & caps and got pictures with the players down on the field after the game. Great time at the Welll!
9. Saturday, June 28, was our last game day of the spring season. And, it was DAIRY QUEEN DAY. All players received Free Dilly Bars. We got all seven games in, despite some dire forecasts.
10. Unfortunately, our spring pickture make up day was rained out on June 7. We’ll have additional make ups during the fall season. Watch for new day and times!
11. Wasn’t our Barnstormers Night a lot of fun on June 25? We had 44 players for the first game and 20-some for the second game. Not sure who had the most fun–the Barnstormers or our players!